Adventist Media Center – It Is Written
Position Title: Video Editor Department: Media Production
Job Classification: Regular Full Time
Accountable to: Media Production Director
Serves It Is Written by editing programs for the Media Production Department and working alongside It Is Written’s team to enable the ministry to carry out its mission of reaching a spiritually-seeking audience with the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Authority & Accountability:
Authority as delegated by the Media Production Department Director and directly responsible to the Producer.
Essential Position Functions:
- Create and edit media and digital content for ministry needs.
- Manage day-to-day activities of assigned video, audio, and digital programs, and developing content.
- Creatively develop and edit content for websites, social media platforms, and YouTube.
- Develop digital summaries and content for assigned programs.
- Function as engineer and editor for assigned programs.
- Play an integral role as part of the production team.
- Play a key role in helping the IIW management team develop media strategies and execution plans.
- Create strategies to improve the department’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Edit all IIW programs for broadcast quality.
- Produce, shoot and edit video projects for short turnaround (3-4 week lead time).
- Ability to run the camera for short content.
- Work with and report to the Producer as necessary to ensure all video work is compatible with IIW branding guidelines and strategies.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Producer.
- Work with smartphone and Roku app vendors to update and maintain current and future media content across current and emerging platforms.
- Work with IIW executive team to develop new and innovative programming that will appeal to broader audiences.
- Maintain library of IIW Programs.
- Maintain post-production process – transcriptions closed captioning, duplication, and distribution of shows.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on digital, radio, and television production preferred.
Preferred: Three to five years as a creative media professional either with an agency or organization.
- Has a close relationship with Jesus Christ and sets a good example for others.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro, and DaVinci Resolve.
- Knowledge and experience in both production and post-production work
- Self-starter who can exercise direction and independent judgment, manage multiple projects, make decisions, assume responsibility, and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to gauge the feasibility of proposed projects within limits of given time and resources.
- Superb time-management and multitasking skills.
- A happy passion for using the latest and emerging technologies to better equip evangelism.
- Solid finger on the pulse of technology and the tech industry, including a firm understanding of how current trends and emerging concepts might benefit IIW’s mission this year, next year, and 5-10 years from now.
Member of Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Director of Development
- Office Staff
- Ministry vendors and contractors
Working Conditions and Physical Hazards
- General working conditions of an office.
- Moderate to occasional high-stress levels due to deadlines and job load.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at the desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week.
- Will require some variable hours and weekend work.
- No special clothing or safety gear is required.