Adventist Media Center – It Is Written
Position Title: Department Assistant for Production Department: Media Production
Job Classification: Regular Full Time
Accountable to: Production Producer
Serves It Is Written by performing assistant duties for the Media Production department and working alongside production staff to enable the ministry to carry out its mission of reaching a spiritually-seeking audience with the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Authority & Accountability:
Authority as delegated by the Media Production Director and directly responsible to the Production Producer.
Essential Position Functions:
- Research themes and script ideas
- Assist with scheduling talent, crew, and filming locations
- Write episode descriptions
- Format scripts for teleprompter use
- Operate teleprompter during studio production
- Assist with camera operation and editing
- Find supplemental video content for episodes
- Play an integral role in helping the Media Production department develop strategies to improve the department’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Episode metadata entry
- Manage stock footage libraries including keyword tagging
- Work with and report to the Production Producer as necessary to ensure all work is compatible with IIW branding guidelines and strategies
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Production Producer
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on digital, radio, and television production preferred.
Preferred: Three to five years as a creative media professional either with an agency or organization.
- Has a close relationship with Jesus Christ and sets a good example for others.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro, and/or DaVinci Resolve.
- Knowledge and experience in both production and post-production work.
- Self-starter who can exercise direction and independent judgment, manage multiple projects, make decisions, assume responsibility, and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to gauge the feasibility of proposed projects within limits of given time and resources.
- Superb time-management and multitasking skills.
- A happy passion for using the latest and emerging technologies to better equip evangelism.
- Solid finger on the pulse of technology and the tech industry, including a firm understanding of how current trends and emerging concepts might benefit It Is Written’s mission this year, next year, and 5-10 years from now.
Member of Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Media Production Director
- Production Supervisor
- Office Staff
- Ministry vendors and contractors
- General working conditions of an office.
- Moderate to occasional high-stress levels due to deadlines and job load.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at the desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs. )
- 38 regular hours per week.
- Will require some variable hours and weekend work.
- No special clothing or safety gear is required.