Design develop and modify website pages and related web items. Performs various customer service functions. Coordinates the volunteers for Bibleinfo.com, assists with coordinating and maintaining the Online Bible School websites and related services, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Accountability:
Accountable to Bible School Director and Associate Bible School Director; and to the Online Bible School Coordinator as directed by the Bible School Director and Associate Director.
Essential Position Functions:
Performs internet functions connected to Bibleinfo.com, Kidsbibleinfo.com, Online Bible School, the Student Record System, and other Bible School websites.
- Oversee the updating of content/design and continual development of bibleinfo.com and kidsbibleinfo.com websites; this includes articles, questions, various languages, prayer requests, etc.
- Promote, recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers.
- Develop ads, pamphlets, and other items needed for promotion/advertising.
Online Bible School Assistant
Assist the Online Bible School Coordinator. The essential functions include the following:
- Set up online schools for churches and individuals.
- Locate the nearest pastor and church address, Bible School, or Division Coordinators for follow-up (both local and overseas).
- Respond to mail and emails from instructors, students, and others.
- Handle phone calls regarding the Internet Bible School and other questions.
- Manage social media for the Bible School websites.
- Assist the Online Bible School Coordinator as directed.
- Other Bible School functions as assigned.
- Education: Minimum two (2) years of college or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience in Internet and computer science or design.
- Experience: Training or experience in Bible study ministry and computer science or design, writing, and marketing.
- Membership: Embrace the mission and values of the Voice of Prophecy and be a member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist church
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Must have a background in computer programming.
- Requires organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-motivator and have the ability to work well with others.
- Computer knowledge, good comprehension and organizational skills, accurate typing skills, and a basic understanding of Seventh-day Adventist doctrinal teachings.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suit, Ruby and Rails, Drupal, Social Media, and Seach Engine Optimization is a plus.
- Media Ministries: Works with others as directed, specifically the Human Resources Department
- Outside of Media Ministries: Works with students, churches, pastors, and volunteers.
- Principal Contact: Bible School Director
- Secondary Contact: Bible School Associate Director
- Normal working conditions, no physical hazards
- 38 Regular hours per week
- Extended sitting
- No special clothing or safety gear required
Employment of Family Members: In an effort to encourage an equitable work environment, it is the general policy of the Voice of Prophecy to not consider job applications from immediate family members of employees for full-time positions. Should you have questions, before applying, please check with the Adventist Media Ministries Human Resources Department.